Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Them Whales Were Close


A pod of teenage humpback whales came over and played with us for a couple of hours. They were really close and really curious about the antics of the hyped-up passengers. One of them rubbed its tummy on the rudder. Another one spouted while Mum was taking its picture; it was so close that she got covered in whale snot (one of the highlights of her trip). These two came alongside while most of the crowd was looking over the other side so I got a good look at them from my window seat. One of them is "spyhopping" for a closer look at me. For a short time I was eye-to-eye with the biggest critter I have ever seen. I hope he was as excited as I was. We even heard them singing as they finally swam away, so they must have enjoyed the encounter too.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?