Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Watching for Whales


We visited Hervey Bay last September and went out for a day chasing whales. The boat we went on was a catamaran called "Shayla". It is a tiny boat, only taking 15 passengers at a time. It is also quite low, so you are right down close to the whales. It is not as fast as some of the big cats, but as the next post shows, you certainly get close to the whales. Here I am, sitting up near the front of the cabin keeping a lookout for whales while the people have morning tea. A bit of a problem really because I had never seen a whale before and was not sure what I was supposed to be looking for. When whales were spotted the people forgot all about me and rushed around getting great photos and even touching the whales. They left me sitting back here where all I could see was the backsides of people, not really a great view!!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?