Friday, January 19, 2007

 

New Kits!!!!


There is always great excitement when Dad brings home some new aeroplane kits. The first things we do are remove the plastic wrapping , open the boxes, check the decals, read the plans, and drool over the fascinating shapes. My job is to learn to recognize all of the bits, particularly the little ones, so that I can help find them before the Styrenus monsters do when Dad drops them (the bits, not the monsters) on the carpet. Sometimes the kits are closed up and go into our big stash of "kits for later" but sometimes the aeroplane is so exciting that we just have to build it straight away. The big one I am looking at here is a model of one of the Tu-22 jet bombers that nasty old Saddam buried during the first Gulf War. It is definitely a "build it now" one, so I will have its picture on my blog as soon as Dad and I finish building it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?