Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Conversation With a Cuttlefish


Since I am not allowed to snorkel with the oldies I have to nag them to take me to aquariums so that I can learn about fish. This way I can keep dry and actually see some fish that the oldies haven't met underwater yet. Melbourne Aquarium has a tank of these Giant Australian Cuttlefish. Before I met them I thought cuttlefish were dry old things you picked up on the beach and gave to parrots. Dad explained that that the dry thing is only their inside shell and washes up when the critter dies and decays (Yuk!!) Cuttles talk by changing their colour and waving their fins and tentacles. You can have a reasonably sensible conversation with them by moving your arm and legs around. And guess what. They hate noisy brats and go black and purple and swim off and hide when kids tap the tank and annoy them. They are probably more intelligent than most brats. I like them lots, they eat crabs.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?