Friday, February 16, 2007

 

Harbour Cruising


Sydney Harbour is one of my favourite places, and the best way to see it is on one of my friend Captain Cook's boats. You can get almost anywhere around the harbour this way and it sure beats walking on a stinking hot day. I like to see all the different sorts of boats that use the harbour. In this picture taken out of the window of "Sydney 2000" you can see a yacht, a speedboat and one of the big Manly ferries. There are also a couple of things that my history-mad oldies are interested in. The little lighthouse is Bradley's Head light. Bradley was an officer on the "Sirius" which was the navy ship that guarded the First Fleet on their way to settle in Australia. The mast is from HMAS "Sydney", an Australian cruiser that sunk the German commerce raider "Emden" in the early days of World War 1. Gosh, this history stuff is starting to infect me. I had better get back to small bear things.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?