Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

Here's the Manoora


You can see lots of interesting things when you cruise Sydney Harbour. One of the things I like is seeing what ships are docked at the navy base at Garden Island. Sometimes there are really big foreign navy ships visiting. This time the most interesting ship, one that I haven't seen before, was HMAS "Manoora". This is one of our navy's amphibious transport ships. That classification sounds a bit strange to a small bear because I don't think that the ship can go on both land and water. Dad says that it is called that because it carries Army landing craft, vehicles, helicopters and communication gear used in joint amphibious operations. It is also the newest and best hospital ship in the fleet. Anyhow, I like all sorts of boats and thanks to Captain Cook I now know what this one looks like.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?