Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

No Swimming Here!


This is definitely not a place to go swimming. It is one of the pens in a croc farm near Cairns. We visited it during the break between our 3-day and 4-day Captain Cook Barrier Reef cruises. The Captain shouts continuing passengers a free side trip, so I was taken out to see how crocodiles are raised and turned into special leather goods. In just the area near the fence in this photo I can see 8 crocs. The pen had dozens of them. One pen had over a hundred. I was very glad that there was a fence between the crocs and the bus, and that I was well inside the bus window. The oldies got out occasionally to see things closer up, but there was no way I was getting out of the bus. Every pen had "Keep Out. No Swimming." signs on it. You would have to be an absolute dill to disobey those signs.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?