Friday, April 13, 2007

 

Visiting My Hero's House


Guess what I found in Melbourne. My number 1 hero's house is there! Hidden away in Fitzroy Gardens is Captain Cook's Cottage. Well, actually it is the cottage of his parents, James and Grace, but it is the one he lived in as a small boy. It was built in Yorkshire in 1755, transported out from England and rebuilt in Melbourne in 1933. I got a real thrill seeing the place that young James lived in and the sort of things that he used when helping his oldies around the place. The most obvious thing is how small the place is for people even though it is a bit big for small bears. And just in case you can't see what's sitting on the hedge, I've put in an insert of two hyped-up visitors.

Remember, you can see the photos bigger if you click on them. And do check out the earlier posts in my archive.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?