Friday, June 08, 2007

 

Coming Ashore at Drawaqa


Cold and wintery again in Canberra today so naturally I am wishing I was back in my favourite place, Fiji. There is nothing to equal the thrill of leaving the "Reef Escape" and heading for yet another new island. I like to watch the people race off the boats and up the beach, just like the Marines storming ashore. Being a smart small bear I wait on the boat until the thunder of big feet has scared all the crabs away into hiding before I saunter onto the beach. You can see me near the front of the boat if you look hard. Here we are coming into Drawaqa, an island where my Captain Cook friends have a lodge for family holidays. The beaches here are great, the oldies say the snorkelling is really good, and if you are there at the right time you can see lots of turtles. Beats Canberra on a 10 degree day.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?