Friday, July 27, 2007

 

Another Visit to Melbourne


Last weekend big brother Trent took Mum and me to Melbourne. He wanted to see one of the netball finals between Australia and New Zealand and wanted company. Dad can't stand netball so he stayed behind and caught up on some of his hobbies. Trent booked us into Crown Towers and I had a great window to check things out from. I could see boats cruising up and down the Yarra, trains coming and going from Flinders St station, trams zipping along Flinders St, and lots of people of course. I kind of share Dad's opinion of netball, so while Mum and Trent were out at the game I wrote a postcard for Dad. I figured that AussiePost wouldn't get it to him before we got back home so I saved the postage and delivered it myself. Oh yes, the game. Well, Trent should have remembered what happened when Mum, Dad and I went down for the cricket back in February. Australia never wins the game when Mum or Dad is in the crowd watching them. The governing body of Australian sports should ship us out of the country whenever finals are being played, preferably to Fiji or the Maldives.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?