Thursday, July 05, 2007

 

Bushed Again


We always stop at lighthouses. Mum has this strange desire to see every one of them in Australia and Dad encourages her so I have to go along and make sure that they don't fall into the water. On our Gold Coast trip there was only one that we hadn't seen before. Actually, it was two; an old one and a new one at Cleveland Point just south of Brisbane. The new one is just a strong light on a couple of tall posts. No character at all so I haven't put a picture of it in my blog. The old one is much better. It is a beaut example of the wooden lighthouse towers that were built in Queensland in the 1800's. This one was built in 1864 and marked the entrance to Raby Bay until the new one took over in 1976.
Lighthouses are OK, but to a small bear the trees nearby are much more interesting. While the oldies were busy taking photos I found one that just begged to be climbed. Strange leaves in clusters that made the perfect hidey-hole for me. It took the oldies a while to find me, but this time they just laughed and took my picture.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?