Monday, August 20, 2007

 

The Stuff of Dreams


This is really the sort of evening dreams are made of. Here I am, sitting on a beach with my oldies and a batch of passengers from our ship. The ship is at anchor just offshore. The village we are visiting is about to put on a special dinner and dance show for us. It is slowly getting dark and there are no crabs or mozzies around to terrorize small bears. Whenever you visit a Fijian village you should always follow strict rules of courtesy. Here the Captain and the Cruise Director are presenting the Chief with a present of Kava root and the Chief is formally welcoming us to the village. Most of the oldies tried kava later on, but they wouldn't let me. An evening like this is something that everyone and their bears should experience at least once in their life. Thanks to my friends at Captain Cook Cruises I have done it several times. Now I will start working on Dad about next year...........

There are lots more Captain Cook Cruise piccie in my archives

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?