Thursday, September 06, 2007

 

Facing My Fears


As you will know, if you read my earlier posts, I DO NOT LIKE CRABS. Nasty, horrible, scarey things that sneak up on small bears and nip them in tender places when their back is turned. The problem is that crabs live near beaches and I just love beaches. So far the oldies have always been close by to save me, but that might not always be the case so I have to learn to not be scared of the critters, then I can take the next step and clobber them. First step is to get close to some crustaceans. This big crayfish is in a tank at the Canberra aquarium. No chance of him getting out, so I got a good look at him. After all he is not exactly a crab, even though he is a relation. Trouble is that even though he has only small nippers my imagination sees them as huge, hidden choppers just waiting to pounce. I guess I have a long way to go before I can feel safe around crabs.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?