Sunday, September 09, 2007

 

Last Minute Holiday Hassles


Disaster has struck! I can't go with the oldies on their big trip to the other side of the world! We did some checking and found that stuffed toys are high on the list of suspect ways to smuggle drugs into the European Union. There are horrific pictures on the web of bins full of ripped toys at Heathrow airport. After a long and emotional discussion with the oldies it has been decided that my young hide is too precious to be degutted just because the beans I am stuffed with might be something prohibited. So I have to stay behind! Now this might have been totally tragic if it wasn't for my uncles, Patrick and Grant. They have asked if I can stay with them during the time that my oldies are away. I like that idea, and we dropped me off there just a few hours ago. Unka Paddy had a whole lot of American animals there to welcome me, and I felt at home straight away. It will be fun teaching these guys to be Aussies. I think the chipmunk and squirrels will be handy partners-in-mischief. Particularly as Patrick and Grant are away for the weekend and we have the place to ourselves for the next day. I think it will be fun here until the oldies return. When they get back I will be a "Virtual Traveller" and tell you all about the places they have been. It is a bit sad that I won't be with them, but as my readers know I am all in favour of border security so am not too angry with the overseas customs and immigration people. Dad has promised to bring me back a camel.

Goodbye for now. I will be back online in early November with lots of pictures of the oldies in Singapore, Dubai, Britain, France and Egypt, and mischief and mayhem at Unka Paddy's place.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?