Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

Bart; Big Shot


We went to the Royal Canberra Show today. Mum always goes there to see the cows (did I mention that Mum has this thing about cows?). Dad goes along to carry me and all the interesting things that sometimes get bought. I go along because there are lots of fascinating things to see and try out. This year the absolute best thing was this big field gun that the army people let me climb over and try the handles and things on. You can move the barrel up, down and across by spinning little wheels. The only hard part for small bears is loading the gun. The shells are bigger and much heavier than me. This would be the ultimate crab-buster. With this gun I could pick off crabs 11 kilometers away. If I could see the little pests at that distance, that is. I would need binoculars, and Dad to load the heavy shells into the gun for me. There was one moment when the oldies and my army friends got a bit excited. I climbed up the barrel and took a look down to see what it looked like inside. Evidently this is a no-no because Mum had me out of there like a shot (actually, I didn't intend to make that pun but it's not bad is it?).
Click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?