Sunday, March 02, 2008

 

Yes, it's Even More Show Cows


My Mum loves cows. Every Canberra Show we get dragged around all the cattle pens, judging rings, cow washes, etc to look at tons of steak-on-the-hoof. I mean, Mum gets all dewy-eyed about the beautiful bovines but to bears (and carnivorous Dads) they represent meals. Now, cattle pens are no place for small bears. Cows are so big; they can easily tread on us little ones and squash us flat. Also, they leave stuff on the ground that I would not like to fall into or tread in. The solution as far as I am concerned is to use the "rumble seat" in Dad's backpack. This keeps me up high enough to see everything and I can get out and climb on things without getting mucky. So I get to see everything and avoid the dreaded bath. Show cows get really spoiled. They seem to do nothing but sleep and eat. Cows don't like baths either. They have to be held or tied while they are hosed down, and kept in a steel frame while they are blow-dried before they are taken into the judging ring. All things considered, I am glad I am not a cow.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?