Tuesday, April 29, 2008

 

How About Those IPLT20 Matches!!


I have been spending lots of time in front of the TV lately. The reason is the Indian Premier League Twenty 20 series. These must be some of the best cricket matches I have ever seen. At first I thought that the idea of making up teams of the best players from all over the world, sharing the players around so that every team had a mix of nationalities in it, seemed crazy. But hasn't it worked out well. I think the best thing is the way that players who had only played against one another have had a chance to play together on the same team. With one notable exception (the shameful Harbhajan Singh incident) it has worked really well. Mind you, my favourites are still Gilly, Haydos and Roy. When they get going they look like they are carrying the rest of their teams. Maybe I am just a little bit biased? And hasn't it been great to see Warnie and Pidge back in action. And how about that new stadium in Mumbai? That will be really something when they get the roofing on it. Usually, my favourite spot for TV watching is on the corner of the coffee table, right in front of the screen, but this series is a bit of a problem. The games go on right into the early hours of the morning and my oldies need their sleep. So I do a lot of watching from their bed. They get a bit stroppy if I keep the light on too long or get too excited and bouncy. If I do they turn on the recorder and turn off the light and I have to wait until the morning to see the finish. You can see that the rest of the bear crew are not so interested. Scruffy is his usual grumpy self, Samisch is confused because he can't understand the rules and William Thomas is completely uninterested, but he is Canadian so I guess that explains it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?