Tuesday, June 03, 2008

 

Bart, Beading


Guess what. Mum is teaching me to make my own jewellery. Maybe she figures that will stop me digging around in her jewellery drawer. A result of my Tiffany's heist maybe? Anyhow, here I am (in the top picture) surrounded by the essential tools of the trade, listening to Mum explain what to do. I have a collection of different sorts of beads, special wire and string, and at least three sorts of pliers and cutters. We have Dad around somewhere to do the tough bits like cutting hard wire, tightening up the crimps and doing the superglueing (we laugh a lot when things stick to his fingers instead of where they are supposed to). The bottom picture was taken a couple of hours later. You can see the spectacular bookmark we have made. And there a couple of special sparkly bits of dichroic glass ready for our next effort. This beading thing is lots of fun.
Why is the small bear different colours in the two photos? Well, the top one was taken with flash and the bottom one with no flash, just the light coming through the window. Bear fur looks different colours depending on the way light hits it, so I can be any sort of brownish colour, just check the other posts.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hi Bart!
I play beads, too! Mom just received a big package of supplies in the mail today. She needed some charms, jump rings (which don't jump, maybe they are broken) and some pins that don't poke. Mom makes lots of earrings, she has her ears pierced five times each!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?