Tuesday, July 15, 2008

 

Crab Hunting


Readers of my blog will know that the one thing I am a bit scared of is crabs. Nasty, nippy pests who lurk on nice sandy beaches and sneak up on small bears who are having fun. Well, this trip I decided to do something about the menace. Dad has a couple of books on man-eater tigers and lions and how they are hunted, so I used a scheme from them. Step 1: locate the lair. Well, here's a crab-hole that looks big enough to hold a bear-eater. Step 2: peg out some bait to lure the target into range. Hmm... Where do I get bait? I just put Scruff in front of the hole and tell him to watch in case Santa's elves live there. Step 3: when target appears, whack it and whack it and whack it!! You know, it's kind of fun (for me, not the crab). If you are on a Fijian beach where the crabs come out of their holes waving white flags and looking really scared, you will know that Bart-the-Big-Game-Hunter has been there.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?