Friday, August 08, 2008

 

Buckets of Beads


Mum and I went to a craft show yesterday. We took Dad along because we needed a camel to carry the things we thought we might buy. There were lots of interesting things there, some of the quilts were real masterpieces. I don't have the patience to do quilting, but I sure like helping Mum do things with beads. There were lots of bead stalls and they had really great specials, so our camel ended up really loaded down. Dads do come in handy sometimes. When we got home the fun of unpacking began. The trouble with buying lots of beads is that they have to be sorted and stored. Here is where a small bear is really useful. First step, take the beads off the long strings they come on. This usually means that some of them escape and go skittering across the table and roll along the floor into hidey holes. My job is to catch them before they hit the floor. Mum, with help from me, then sorts them into piles of sizes and colours and I pack them away in containers. The camel then carries the containers upstairs to Mum's craft room, ready for us to turn into all sorts of pretty things. I like beading, it's great fun.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
BEADING!!! I love beading so much. I order beads and supplies online and shop in local crafts stores. I help mom make jewelry, she loves to make earrings. Today we went to the bookstore and bought some beading books, and then we cam home and made some earrings and two matching sets of necklaces, bracelets, an earrings. It's great fun. She still hasn't created a necklace for me, I'm hoping she will do that soon.
 
G'day Califia

I have been helping Mum make bookmarks and Suncatchers. The bookmarks work fine, but we haven't managed to catch the Sun yet. I get to try out all of the things that Mum makes, that's her way of paying me for helping find the beads that drop onto the floor before the carpet-monsters get them. We are getting a bit ambitious now and are learning crocheting and ropework. Yep, beading is really fun.

Bart
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?