Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

Footy With Unka Mark


Last night we went over to Unka Mark and Aunty Vicki's for dinner. It was semi-final night for the Aussie Rules footy season and Unka Mark's team, St KFC was playing a team of Hawks. (Dad notes: For those overseas readers not familiar with Australian Football and the teams involved, St KFC is Bart's interpretation of St Kilda Football Club and the Hawks are the Hawthorn team). Unka Mark and his home mascots invited me to watch the game with them, and fitted me into a St KFC beanie. The game was a disaster. St KFC started fine and then went from good to totally useless. The Hawks totally thrashed them. I guess that the worst thing that can happen for a team of any sort is to have me barracking for them, they always lose, just remember what happened to the cricket match we went to last year when the dreaded P**ms thrashed the mighty and up-to-then unbeaten Aussie team. Anyhow, I learned a lot about the rules of AFL by listening to Unka Mark' comments about the referees and I met a couple of new friends, the St KFC team bear clone (whose name I forget) and Cyclops, the one-eyed St KFC supporter. They wandered off after the game muttering things about next season. Unka Mark, Dad and I went out onto the balcony and played "toss the bear"until Mum stopped us.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?