Monday, October 27, 2008

 

Circus, Sensational


On Saturday night we went to the circus. Not just any circus, but the fantastic Cirque du Soleil. This circus doesn't have any animals in it, just the most amazing people. We had dinner at the National Library before the show, but I couldn't eat much because I could see the big tent just across the road and had the Oldies moving there as soon as the gates opened. We got into our seats fairly early. I even got the Oldies through the shopping area without too much fuss, the only things that they bought were some masks and special pencils (did I ever mention that Mum has this thing about stationery?). So there I was, all hyped up, wearing my mask, climbing around the frames of the seats, watching people come into the tent and find their seat, when this bright light hit me square in the eyes. The guys that drive the lights evidently pick out interesting things to put in the spotlight for a while for people to see. I guess that I looked interesting. The show was called Dralion. It had some very peculiar critters in it as well as the people. Dad says that they were just people in critter suits, but I don't see how that would make dragons that could balance three at a time on a big rubber ball. I am still practicing to see if I can do some of the things I saw. I can bounce around as well as the guys on the trampoline, but I just can't get the knack of scratching my ears with my heels while balancing on one hand and stretching my legs over my back. When I can "borrow" some of Mum's special scarves I will learn to fly around in them and flick and roll myself up and down them like the pretty lady and the guy full of muscles did. When I grow up I might even run away and join the circus.

To see bigger pictures, just click on them.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?