Tuesday, December 30, 2008

 

Learning to Drive


I have been having a ball since Christmas, learning to drive the jeep that Santa gave me. I started off slowly, with Dad showing me how to steer and use the speed controls. I cruised around the tiled floor fairly slowly, learning how to get into tight spaces and sometimes getting stuck. Mum wasn't really happy with this stage because I sometimes bumped the furniture. Then Unka Mark and Aunty Vicki visited and Unka Mark took me outside into the courtyard. Lots more space and a chance to get up more speed. There is not much point having a jeep and only doing easy things, so I was soon jumping over the hose and then up and over a ramp that Dad and Unka Mark put up. It took a bit of practice to do the ramp jump properly and I had my first accident when I didn't get it straight and toppled off the edge of the ramp, but I am pretty good at jumps now. There was one embarrassing incident when I was giving Aunty Vicki's bear, Jessica, a ride. She just couldn't hang on and kept falling off. I ended up pushing her off the track. She wasn't happy about that and neither was Aunty Vicki. Now I am good enough to go out onto the real road and spend time doing wheelies in the lane outside our garage. Mum says that she doesn't want me to turn into a hoon, but I won't because the jeep isn't powerful enough for that. Maybe next year???

Remember, to see bigger images just click on the photos. And check out earlier postings in my archives; there is a lot of good stuff in there.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?