Saturday, December 20, 2008

 

Waiting, Waiting


Only five more sleeps until Santa comes. It's a tough time for small bears and kids because patience is not our strong point. Interesting parcels are starting to appear near our sparkly Christmas tree but so far none of them has my name on them. They are presents from Mum, Dad and Trent to each other, so I guess that my bundle of goodies is coming with the old whiskery bloke. I hope there is something techno in it because Mum won't let me keep her iPhone. I am spending a lot of time on guard near the present pile. If any of those sneaky elves comes in and tries to add anything to the pile I will grab him and try to get ransom for him. I hear that it works if you can catch a Leprechaun, so maybe elves are similar. If I catch one I will let you know. My favourite guard spot is near a box at the end of the pile. It has almost the same colours as me, so I am pretty well camouflaged when I am near it. The trouble is that I can't watch cricket (and it's much more even with the South Africans as adversaries), swipe the sometimes-unguarded iPhone, be upstairs beading with Mum, making aeroplanes with Dad, and still be on guard. And I find that if I sit still long enough I go to sleep. I wish Santa would hurry up.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?