Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

Flying Like a Fox


Yesterday (Monday Jan 26 in Australia) was Australia Day, so we had a long weekend and lots of time for fun. One of the fun things was a visit to Unka Mark and Aunty Vicki. It's always fun to visit them because Unka Mark and Dad find different ways to make rides for me. There is a long, steep driveway up past Unka Mark's to his neighbour's and the corners of their balconies are high off the ground. This makes them great for anchor points for things. I have been sent up in a bundle of weather balloons, rode high in a kite, and parachuted from there. This time Dad took across a strong fishing line and a pair of Bart-sized wings with sliders attached. Unka Mark tied one end of the line to the high corner of his neighbour's balcony and the other end to an apple tree near the road end of the driveway. Then they hooked me onto the line at the balcony end and watched me fly at high speed down the line. They called this setup a "Flying Fox". That's a bit confusing because I am pretty sure foxes can't fly. Anyhow, that doesn't matter because I'm a small bear not a fox. They even found ways of making me loop and roll as I slid down the line. Great fun, except when Dad got too busy taking pictures to catch me before I hit the tree. After a while it got so exhausting that I had to give up and cool off. Lots of strawberry daquaris helped. Now, if I can find some small pulleys I could go a lot faster. Somewhere in Dad's "useful junk" in the garage maybe...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?