Thursday, January 15, 2009

 

The Marriage of Mandy


Last weekend we went up to Newcastle for a very special event, the wedding of my cousin Amanda and her special guy, Keith. Both of them are nearly finished their engineering degrees, so they should have an interesting life together. Mandy is the younger daughter of Dad's sister, Aunty Margie. The wedding was in a church, the Baptist one, right in the centre of Newcastle. We usually have a hard time finding our way around Newcastle, but we managed to find the church OK. I had a hard time keeping still during the service but I could wriggle around and make some noise during the singing; Dad's croaky, off-key singing hides any noise I make. After the ceremony we had afternoon tea in a park across the road. The oldies went off to the reception later that evening but the meanies left me behind.
You may remember reading about the wedding of Amanda's big sister, Heather, in one of my posts last year (check it out in the March 2008 archive).

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?