Tuesday, February 03, 2009

 

This is a Caravan??


Dad says this is a Cessna Turbo-Caravan. It doesn't look like any sort of caravan I've seen before. How would you tow this behind a car? Still, Dad sometimes knows what he's talking about. Whatever it is, this is the seaplane that carries passengers between Sydney harbour and Newcastle harbour several times a day. Actually, it is an amphibian. It has wheels as well as floats and can land on water or land. It came into Newcastle while we were having breakfast at a cafe near the harbour and I went down to see it. I couldn't get any closer than this because Mum goes ballistic if I get too close to the edge of the gangplank. She thinks I might fall in and get wet (and I would if I could get away with it). The big buildings over the other side of the harbour are wheat silos. They have big conveyor belts attached so that they can squirt wheat straight into the holds of ships. There weren't any ships loading while we were there, a pity because I think it would be fun watching it happen.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?