Thursday, March 26, 2009

 

Gaol Break By The Bear

These old sheds are the gaol at Cook, out in the middle of the Nullarbor. They are not very big, but there weren't many people in Cook even when it was one of the important stations on the Trans-Australian railway, so there weren't many prisoners. Now it is still an important stop for the Indian-Pacific but the trains are much better now and only 4 people live there. The gaols aren't used now. I wondered what it would be like to be locked up in a small corrugated iron shed in 40 degree temperatures. Of course Dad was keen to help, sometimes I think he is bit too keen to put me into places like this. Well, it's not nice in there and I bet the prisoners were very happy to hear the train coming to haul them away to gaol in Adelaide. At least I was able to get out fairly easily. I bet no other "prisoner" has ever managed to climb up the back of the door and out through the little window hole. Can you see me making my escape? I enjoyed the adventure, Mum was not amused and Dad had the riot act read to him.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
You all have such Fun! I am going on a 33 hour Train ride here....sure wish I had Bart the bear to join me..and wouldn't it be nice if the Oldies footed that bill, only joking . Have a great rest of your adventure!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?