Monday, March 30, 2009

 

Sky Full of Fire

The weekend before last we went down to the lake just after dark to see something called "Skyfire 25". I had no idea what that meant. Mum explained that for the last 25 years one of the local radio stations, FM 104.7, has been putting on a fireworks display called Skyfire, and this was the 25th year it was on. Great, Mum, so why is it the first one you ever took me to? This was the first time I had been to a big fireworks display, although I hear the bangs from the showground sometimes. At first I was a bit scared of the noise and all the people, but I snuggled down inside Dad's warm jumper with my head just poking out and soon got really interested in all of the colours and sparkles. Because of the thousands of people there, we watched from a spot across the lake away from the main crowd. So we didn't see some of the low-down fireworks, but I like the ones that go zooming up and exploding in a shower of colours and we saw all of them. Small animals get really scared by fireworks, but this small bear kind of like them.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?