Sunday, March 08, 2009

 

Tough Tugs

Boats are wonderful things. I like them all, but this sort is really special. These are some of the harbour fire-boats at Newcastle. They may be small as far as ships go, but they sure are tough. They are powerful enough to get to burning ships really fast and squirt tons of water onto them and put the fire out. I spent a lot of time at a harbourside cafe (I still can't spell restaurant) watching them while the Oldies were busy talking to friends there. I was hoping that a big ship would come in with problems and I could see the fire-boats in action, but it must have been a quiet day as far as shipping accidents go. I could sit watching harbours for hours and hours, there is always something happening, even if fire-boats aren't needed.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?