Sunday, September 27, 2009

 

Airport Security, Even For Bears

There is no doubt that security at our airports is vital, and there is no doubt that it is getting even tougher. Not even small bears can get through without sometimes being called over for spot checks. This trip they picked me. Normally I get through OK by just being X-rayed in Dad's backpack, but on our way to Hamilton Is I got the full treatment. First off, they had me read all the notices about prohibited stuff and make a declaration that I had none of those things with me. Then I was frisked and prodded to make sure I wasn't hiding anything on my body. Then they ran this sniffer probe all over me to see if I had been in contact with drugs of any sort. I passed all of the checks and was able to join the rest of the family and wait for the 'plane. "Border Security" is my favourite TV program so I really didn't mind, but I do wish the TV crew had been filming while I was going through the process.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?