Friday, October 23, 2009

 

Bart, 7


Guess what? Yesterday was my birthday. It is seven years since Mum bought me home. I had a great day. First off, there was a bear-sized cake at breakfast, and Dad even let me have some of his special Port. Then I went up to the observatory with Dad for the morning. I like it there because there are lots of birds and kangaroos right outside Dad's office window. Then we collected Mum when she finished work at lunchtime and went to a special place for lunch. The Oldies took me to Shaw winery at Murrumbateman. This is mostly a place where they grow grapes and turn them into wine, but they have a really good resserturornt as well (I still can't spell restaurant). The food is great and there are some really dangerous wines there as well. The Oldies found one that they liked a lot, they say it tastes spectacularly good and has the kick of a donkey, so of course we came back with a bagful. You can buy really pretty plates and things as well. I tried to get a better look at them by climbing up onto the shelves but Mum hauled me down pretty quickly. Dad mumbled something about bulls in china shops, but that had nothing to do with anything because bears are nowhere as destructive as big bovines (I think).

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?