Tuesday, October 20, 2009

 

Bear, Boat, Buoy, Before & After

The thing I am sitting in is called a lifebuoy, buoyancy ring or lifesaver. Actually I thought lifesavers were a kind of lolly but Dad has explained that the lollies were named after the buoy because they look the same shape. Well, after taking a lick at this thing I can tell you that they sure don't taste the same. You can find lifebuoys on just about any boat. They are hooked up on walls and rails where you can get to them quickly and toss them at anybody who has fallen off the boat. I waited on this one all the way back from Whitehaven Beach to Hamilton Island, hoping that somebody would fall in so I could toss the thing in and see how it worked, but no luck. Mum thought I looked cute sitting there waiting, so she took a picture. While she was off taking other pictures around the boat I had a go at untying the knots that held the ring in place. No luck, but the ventilation grille on the wall was interesting. I could hear the crew talking on the other side of the wall and figured that if I could get the screws loose I could jump in and scare them. No luck again. Mum came back and caught me. She says these two pictures are a great example of the two aspects of the nature of small bears; cute one side, pure mischief the other.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?