Monday, November 09, 2009

 

Party Weekend

We have had a weekend of parties. The Oldies had invited a lot of their astronomy buddies around for what Mum calls "high tea" on Saturday, so we had a housefull of hungry people to feed. You can see some of the spread in the top picture. Mum had just put the cold stuff out on the table and the hot stuff into the oven. I was supervising and checking out the goodies. Scones, jam, cream, sandwiches, peanuts and bickies I knew about, but there were two new things. I nibbled on one of them, a small black thing called an olive, and didn't think much of it. I was just making a grab for the other new thing when Mum saw me and put me away off the table. It turns out that the new stuff was chocolate walnut caramel log slices. Next time I go for that first and leave olives alone. On Sunday we went back to Shaw winery for a wine, roses and jazz lunch. I am not sure if I like jazz, but I sure do like wine and lunch, particularly dessert-type lunch. You can see me digging into dessert in the small pictures. The boy is my friend Alex. His dessert had a huge thing made out of toffee on it and he let me eat lots of it. Friends like that are really useful.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?