Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

It's a Long Way To The Top

One of the best walks on Norfolk Island is the one between the summits of Mt Pitt and Mt Bates. It is a fairly easy walk, even my Oldies can manage it. It's a lot tougher if you are a small bear with short legs. I mean, just look at this section. It's a bit steep, so the national park guys have put in steps to help people get up there easier, and to stop the track eroding into a gully. That's fine for people but it's really tough on critters like me. As you can see from the photos, the steps were almost the same height as me. You can almost not see me in the main photo. I was making really heavy going of it until Mum picked me up and carried me the rest of the way.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?