Wednesday, April 28, 2010

 

Hitting the Beach

I may have mentioned before that I love boats, all kinds of boats. This is the boat that took us across to Whitehaven Beach from Hamilton Island. It is a catamaran, so it doesn't go very far down in the water and it can get right in close to the beach before it hits the sandy bottom. It can get you to places where there is no jetty. Also, it can just drop a set of steps down onto the beach and you can get ashore without getting soaked. It is also very fast and when there is not much swell it can zoom along at over 35 kilometres per hour. I like to get out onto the open deck and feel the wind and spray in my fur. And I really do like it when it is a bit rough and bouncy, even if some of the other passengers start feeling a bit sea-sick; that's something else that small bears are immune to.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?