Tuesday, July 20, 2010

 

Bear, Baking

Last Sunday afternoon we had very important visitors. They were Dad's youngest son Rick, his wife Karen, their children Josh and Lauren, and Karen's parents Jan and Owen. We invited them across for a special afternoon tea because Josh's 3rd birthday is this week. Naturally, Mum needed lots of help from me to get things ready. I like helping with cooking, especially when the things being cooked are yummy. Whisking eggs and cream together was one of my jobs this time, and I managed to do it without splattering much of the kitchen. The mix went into mini-quiches, and another mix went into a scrumptious peach slice thingy. By the time the visitors arrived I had the table loaded with biccies, choccies, scones, jam, whipped cream, and cheese and crackers (for the oldies) as well as the results of the baking spree. Nobody went away hungry.... In fact they went away with doggie-bags. Presents? Of course Josh left with presents. Now if only the Oldies do my next birthday tea as well as we did this one.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?