Tuesday, July 13, 2010

 

A Sign to Take Notice Of

In the parking area near the Lake George zebras, near the sign that tells you all about Lake George, there is another sign that has overseas tourists walking on tippy-toes. It is written in yellow paint on the footpath and it says "Beware of Snakes". Now us Aussie bears don't need to be told that. We are always careful when we are in snake country. Actually, all of Australia is snake country so we are always on the lookout for snakes. I don't mind snakes. They are usually more scared of us than we are of them, and they are kind of beautiful in their own way. Mind you, not everybody feels the same way; one of my uncles is terrified of the critters and won't believe me when I tell him that a lot more snakes have been hurt by people than the other way around. Anyhow, I have the perfect solution to crossing wet, grassy places where snakes may be hiding. I get Dad to carry me. No snake would be game to tackle him (I hope). If you look closely you can see some of the rotors of the windfarm on the hills on the other side of the lakebed, but absolutely no sign of terrified snakes.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?