Tuesday, October 26, 2010

 

I'm 8!!!

Last week I turned 8 years old. That's not bad going for a small bear. Actually, Mum says that it's a miracle that I have survived so long, given some of the mischief that I get into. We had a special birthday party on Sunday. My Oldies, Aunty Enid and Unka Barry and their small bear Rufus, took me out for lunch on the "Southern Cross" boat that cruises Canberra's Lake Burley Griffin. As you know, I have been on lots of boats and know how the controls work, so I showed Rufus how to steer the boat away from the dock. Then we settled down at our table near the window for lunch and great views of the city. Of course there were presents. I scored my very own garden gnome, a cute birthday micro-bear, shampoo to prevent hair loss, and a pile of choccies (that's chocolates in Australian). The only thing that I couldn't understand was that the crew and the rest of the passengers thought it a bit strange to see four Oldies celebrating a small bear's birthday. Sometimes I wonder about people.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?