Tuesday, December 14, 2010

 

A Rocky Kilt

This impressive cliff is called Kilt Rock. The vertical columns of basalt and the horizontal bands of rock below them look a bit like the pleats in a kilt. The cliffs are around 100 metres high. They are on the Trotternish Peninsula on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Skye is also known as the isle of mists, but on the days that the oldies were there the weather was perfect. You can see some interesting sea birds nesting on the cliffs and sometimes there are climbers there as well. Mum won't let me climb on things this steep, and won't let me get too close to cliff edges. I think that I have to agree with her, climbing this sort of thing looks scary to me.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?