Monday, January 17, 2011

 

Harbour Traffic

No doubt about it, the greatest thing about Sydney is its harbour. Every time we are in Sydney we go for a trip by ferry, usually over to Manly because that's where Mum's family came from, but also because it is the longest and roughest ferry ride. I like it when it gets rough. Some passengers go greeny-grey and hang over the side being sick for most of the trip, but my Oldies and I just don't get seasick. Sydney harbour is always busy so I get to see all sorts of boats on these trips. This one coming up to pass our ferry is a small coastal tanker. The Manly ferries are big ships in their own right and they are pretty fast, so the tanker as really hooting along. The wake it made set the ferry to rocking and Mum made me come away from the rail. She has this strange idea that I might fall in and get wet.......

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?