Friday, January 07, 2011

 

Nightfall at Hamilton Harbour

One of the things that I like doing is watching the Sunset over the sea. It is even better if there is a harbour full of boats as well. This is one of my favourite spots on Hamilton Island. It is down in the business end of the marina where most of the tourists don't go, so it is easy to find a bollard or a post to sit on and watch it getting dark. I like to watch the pelicans and seagulls catching their last fish of the day and then fly off to roost for the night. Sometimes I see a really big fish being bought in by very excited fishermen. And sometimes I see interesting arguments between yachtsmen who are trying to fit two yachts into a space only big enough for one of them. You can see lots of interesting things, just sitting quietly and watching things finishing up their day. Can you see me sitting there quietly? Dad couldn't when he came looking for me.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?