Friday, March 18, 2011

 

Ye Gods !!

There are all sorts of interesting things on the "Queen Mary 2". One of them is the Illuminations theatre, the world's first ocean-going planetarium. Outside the entry to the planetarium there are a group of statues of ancient gods that some of the planets are named after. I had a good climb on these statues so that I could see the great work that the sculptor had done. Surprisingly, I ended up in positions that had everybody there taking photos of me and the gods. The top one on the left is Mercury. He is the fast-moving messenger of the gods (Dad says Mercury is the patron of postmen) and I found myself sitting on the message he was delivering. The cute lass on the bottom left is Diana the huntress, the goddess of the Moon. The only sensible thing for a small bear to do was to give her a big smooch. The big guy is Jupiter, the father of the gods. He has a batch of eagles that let him know what is going on on Earth and a fist full of thunderbolts to zap naughty people. For a few minutes I was his bolt-aimer and if anybody in the foyer had been on the wrong side of Jupiter they would have been in real trouble. With a little imagination life can be real fun.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?