Saturday, September 10, 2011

 

Bears at the Beach #2

This is the closest that I managed to get Blu to the surf at Emerald Beach. He eventually got game enough to come down out of the tree and go onto the sand. Even then he wanted to sit on a log so that the small crabs couldn't get him. I am not scared of small crabs. Scruffy and I worked out a way to clobber them on our last Fiji trip; you can find photos of that in earlier posts. Big ones still scare me though. The tide was way out when this photo was taken. You can see by the ripple marks in the sand that the water comes almost to the log at high tide. I figured that if we stayed there long enough we would get to swim, but no luck with Mum on watch. I reckon that by the time we go the beach again, Blu will be ready to build sandcastles with Scruff, Milky and I. If you look carefully, you can see an island on the horizon. That is South Solitary Island and it has a lighthouse on it, more about that later.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?