Wednesday, September 21, 2011

 

Taking Blu Fishing

There is a great aquarium at Coffs Harbour. It is fairly small, but it has exhibits of the fish and critters that live in the ocean there. Blu had never been to an aquarium. In fact he had never seen fish, so I had to take him in to see. He was a lot happier when he realized that he wouldn't have to get wet. Turns out that he loves fish and, like me, would love to go snorkelling with the Oldies. In the top left photo you can see me telling him all about the clown fish in the right-hand tank and the octopus in the left one. The octopus is hard to see because he folds himself into the shape of whatever he is on and also changes his colour to match. This one is called a "Gloomy Octopus", but actually he seemed pretty happy. Mum has some great video of him prancing around his tank. Occies are superb escape artists and this one has a very heavy lid on his tank to keep him in. Blu loved the Lion fish even though it is dangerous, but my favourites are the Clowns. Actually, at present I am looking after a small aquarium. Brothers Trent and Nathan are overseas and I am feeding Nathan's fish while he is gone. So far they are all alive and well, but I will be glad to see him back. Looking after other people's pets is a big responsibility.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?