Saturday, April 14, 2012

 

Bart's Been To Brisbane

Yes, I am just back from a week in Brisbane. The Oldies went up there for an astronomy conference, and then we went up with friends to stay at their place at Hervey Bay for a few days. The bags are unpacked now and the Oldies are busy catching up with the work that has piled up while we were away (I had to sneak time on the computer while they are out shopping). On the trip I traveled in planes, boats, trains and cars; not bad for an 8-day trip. When our plane landed in Brisbane we caught the train in to the city. You can see me waiting on top of the luggage for the train to pull in. If I look a bit anxious it is because Dad is always in a tiz until we get to where we are going and some of it rubs off onto small bears. Anyhow, we had a good ride in, found our motel, and headed out to explore Brisbane. The nicest way to see lots of the city is to take a ride on one of the City Cat ferries. Brisbane is built along a very bendy river, so you see lots of it if you ride a complete loop on the ferry. Of course I was not allowed to run loose on the ferry. Mum still has this theory that I would fall overboard at the first opportunity, so she held onto me while the boat was moving. I think that I could get to like Brisbane. It is not as busy and pushy as Sydney and Melbourne, and it is much warmer than home.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?