Tuesday, August 21, 2012

 

The New Dam Rises

Today we went for a drive out to the Cotter Dam to see how the work is progressing. You can see how much the dam wall has risen by checking back to my post in November last year. Since November the work had a big holdup. We had lots of rain and the water flooded over the wall and washed lots of machinery and materials away and held up work for weeks. Work is progressing fine now. The new wall is about twice the height of the old dam and it has about as far again to go. One thing that I like is the way that the area in the valley below the dam is being turned into picnic grounds and walking trails. The trail up to the observation platform is an easy one, even for my Oldies. As you can see in the photos, it is being extended to go across the river by a cute little suspension bridge and will take you right up to the dam wall. I watched the truck tipping a load of sand and gravel ready for the next concrete section of the path. As soon as I can walk along it I will post more photos.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?