Tuesday, September 25, 2012

 

Mum is Sick

Gee, it's 13 days since my last post! This time it is not because I have been away somewhere, but because I have been looking after Mum. She has been very, very sick. We have had her in hospital for some days and a nurse has been coming to our house on the other days. Somehow or other Mum caught a horrible infection and it wouldn't be killed by ordinary antibiotics. (Don't you think it makes more sense to say that the infection caught Mum? English is a crazy language). So for the last week and a bit she has had little tubes plugged into her arms and hands and the doctors and nurses have been pouring strong chemicals into her. She is slowly improving now. I helped by bandaging my paw in sympathy with the big mess of needle holes in her hand and arm (it looked like a porcupine had attacked her). That sort of sympathy always helps. I also cooked a dozen cupcakes for her. Actually, she didn't get to eat most of the cupcakes because there is a sneaky cake'n'cookie snitcher in our house. Not pointing the finger at anyone, but Dad has been observed licking icing from his lips. Next batch I cook will contain a special cupcake that I will fill with chilli, curry and tabasco and leave out in an obvious spot. That should unmask the snitcher.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?