Thursday, February 28, 2013

 

Three Things I Love About Paris

Here's more of the images from the Oldies' 2007 trip to Paris. Of course they left me behind that time but they will definitely have to take me next time. Going through their photos I have found 3 things that I just have to visit and explore. First off, there's the Eye-full Tower. Just look at that maze of steel girders and imagine how much fun a small bear could have climbing among that lot. Mind you, the Oldies had different reactions when they went up to the viewing decks. Mum loved it and got Dad to take lots of photos of her with Paris in the background. Dad doesn't like heights and always had one hand clinging to a frame while he was taking the photos. Then there's Napoleon's tomb. I am a bit uncertain about Uncle Nap (as my Grandad used to call him) because I don't really like people who cause wars. However, I am fascinated by military machinery and Napoleon's tomb is part of the French Army Museum so I will have to visit the place. It certainly looks great at night, all lit up. The thing that I have to check out most are the Gargoyles! The Oldies bought me back a small one and he's kind of cute, but he doesn't know much about the big ones on the Parisian cathedrals and museums. Are they really as gruesome as they look? What do they think about while they sit up there on the gutter? Do they aim the streams of water onto unsuspecting tourists? I've just got to climb up to the roofs of Paris and interview some of them.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?