Wednesday, April 10, 2013

 

Monsters at the Museum

You can find all sorts of interesting things in museums. Here are some things that I found in the museum of Tropical Queensland in Townsville. While the Oldies were spending ages in the section that had the remains of HMS Pandora and the history of the shipwreck, I wandered off to find the dinosaurs. There are a lot of model dinos there, all of real ones that lived in Queensland zillions of years ago. Most of them are full-size and a bit scary if you are a small bear. But I did find one that was just the right size for me to ride. I am not sure what sort of dino he is, because Dad didn't take notes. He may be a small Muttaburrasaurus (the dino, not Dad), maybe some reader can tell me. Anyway he looks like a plant-eater and a fast runner. The scariest thing was hanging over the stairs. I went off to find Nemo, like the sign said, and there he is with a humungous shark chasing him. I wanted to skewer the shark with one of the harpoons from an exhibit, but the Oldies wouldn't let me. A pity because the shark is full of gas and he would have zoomed off like a rocket if I hit him in the right spot.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?